Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Luminous Layers

Event dates: June 25, 26 & 27 2010

Lake Oswego, Oregon USA

Linda Womack is the curator of this amazing looking upcoming show. Cari Hernandez did the piece called "Lovely Bed" on the program cover above. The show will feature over 60 artists and 160 works of art, I believe it will be the largest Encaustic show on the West Coast to date. I'm honored to be one of the invited artists, showing a number of pieces from the ongoing bird series. Please come if you're in the Portland area.

7 comments:

  1. Yes.. branches and magnificent bird... this one's one of my favorites!
    beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment peut-on comprendre ou expliquer ce que nous ressentons devant un tableau ? Passer de l'étonnement à l'admiration parce que nos yeux ont vu, notre cœur s'est ouvert et nos sentiments se sont réveilles face à un artifice. L'art comporte ensoi, tellement de moyens d'exprimer la vie, qu'il trouve toujours le chemin de notre humanité présente, parfois endormie, pour nous mettre en relation avec l'œuvre, puis avec nous même, parfois avec l'artiste et ce, depuis que l'être humain s'exprime. Ici, c'est bien plus que des branches et un bel oiseau, c'est un geste majeur, une tranche de vie, un témoignage, une façon de vivre qui s'exprime devant nos yeux dans cette composition.
    Sis en remerciée.

    Bonne soirée,

    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry I missed this encaustic show-- I was down in Portland the middle of June-- I took an encaustic monoprint workshop from Elise Wagner at Sitka at Lincoln City-- it was hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,

    Elise did a demo at the show-that I had to miss, I hope you post some thoughts/news about her workshop? I do admire her. The show was fantastic, such a huge range of work. Photography was not allowed or I would do a post on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all of you who commented, summer snuck up on me suddenly-family, travel.....

    Happy Summer to all!

    ReplyDelete